Museum de Fundatie
Museum de Fundatie “The Eye”
On top of the 1843’s original neo-classicistic museum a new exhibition space has been added. The ellipse shaped addition, also being named “The Eye” is designed by the Dutch architect Hubert-Jan Henket.
The addition offers the museum an extra 1.000m2 of exhibition space over two storeys. “The Eye” has a large oval shaped window overlooking the historic city centre of Zwolle. The exterior of the Eye is covered with 55.000 white/blue tiles.
The museum was closed for 18 months during the remodelling. The official re-opening took place on May 31st 2013 by Princess Beatrix. The museum opened its doors to the public on June 1st.
Official website: www.museumdefundatie.nl
The bent steel profiles for the construction of “The Eye” have been delivered by Kersten Europe. Profiles HEA 220, HEA 340, HEB 180 and IPE 300 has been bent in one or two radii.
Photo credits: Pedro Sluiter